Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Encourage


Most if not all people are hard enough on themselves and the last thing they need is
someone pointing out their faults. John Maxwell points out that 4 out of 5 people don't
think highly of themselves or see themselves as they should. What I am learning is that
most people don't need advice as much as they just need to feel loved and cared for.
Most times its best to not even say a word. Even if you see a fault be careful about
sharing it, most times you don't need to because God is already working. A couple rules
I live by are...

1. Wait for them to ask for my opinion
2. Talk less, listen more "tough one"
3. Do I have enough influence to really make a difference?
4. Encourage, encourage, encourage
5. Encourage, encourage, encourage
6. Did I mention ENCOURAGE?



I got the opportunity to see and hear Chuck Swindoll live and in person a few years ago
and I will never forget when he said "in every situation be dripping with grace".

1 comment: